Summer is upon us and apart from the scorching sun, it’s also a time for relaxing and splashing by the pool. While having and enjoying a pool can be fun for everyone, it comes with safety risks. As swimming pool fence experts, the team at Clear Choice Pool Fencing think now is. a good time to revisit swimming pool regulations.
Interested to know what the swimming pool regulations really look like in your area?
Read more from the glass pool fencing Perth experts, to discover more.
All state and territory regulations
While each Australian state and territory have different rules and regulations pertaining to pools and pool fences, there are some generalised rules in which all Australian pool owners must follow.
Let’s see what they entail:
- Childproof barriers are a legal necessity for above ground and below ground pools and spas where the water level is more than 300mm deep
- All swimming pool fences must be at least 1.2 metres in height
- Boundary fences must be at least 1.2 metres in height
- Gaps between ground and fence and gaps between pool fence posts must be less than 100mm
- There must be no means of climbing into the pool area (such as easily moveable furniture and pot plants near the pool fence)
- Gates must be self-closing and latches out of reach of children.
Insufficient or complete lack of swimming pool barriers in the past have led to many, avoidable drownings of children under the age of five. While pool fences don’t stop the tragedy of drowning, they do significantly reduce their likelihood.
Western Australian swimming pool regulations
In Western Australia, we have very similar rules for our swimming pools when compared to other states and Australia and a whole.
Essentially, these are the rules:
- Any pool with water deeper than 300m must have a strong, safety barrier around it
- This is regardless of if the pool is in-ground, above ground or a spa
- All pools must be completely childproof – fitted with gates that have self-closing doors and latches which cannot be accessed by or climbed by children.
It’s regulations like the above, which is why you should always consult with a professional Perth pool fencing company, rather than going it alone.
Ignoring or simply not knowing these swimming pool related regulations can result in hefty fines and even dangerous consequences.
Perth pool fencing providing peace of mind
Many swimming pool owners in Perth have relied on the expertise and high-quality pool fence products of Clear Choice Pool Fencing.
We supply and install a range of customisable, safe and stylish pool fence products, such as:
- Frameless glass and semi frameless glass – a crowd favourite,
- Aluminium tubular
- Temporary pool fencing
- Hinges and accessories.
Whether you want the complete supply and install package or would prefer to try your hand at DIY – we have the services and expertise necessary for complete peace of mind.
Looking for a professionally designed and constructed Perth pool fence?
Call upon the experts who combine safety, strength and style.
Contact Clear Choice Pool Fencing today to organise your glass pool fence.