A pool is a great asset to your home, especially in those hot, summer months.
Yet, as we all know, a pool is very rarely used all year round, often staying dormant and untouched in those cold, winter months.
Even though not in use for part of the year, you should still be keeping an eye on your pool.
Want to know how to keep your pool clean and safe all year round?
Read more from the glass pool fencing specialists at Clear Choice Pool Fencing to find out.
Keeping that chemical balance
The water of your pool should be tested regular to ensure it’s clean and safe for all pool goers and enjoyers. This will keep your pool not only clean, but safe all year round.
- Chlorine and an optimal pH balance make sure algae, bacterial, harmful organisms and viruses don’t breed within your pool.
- Too much or too little chlorine, however, can seriously impact the health and longevity of your pool, posing a risk to swimmers.
Did you know that you could face dulled frameless glass pool fencing by ignoring the chemistry of your pool?
The correct chemistry for your pool is essential, so if you’re not confident maintaining it yourself, hire a professional.
Autumn pool maintenance
Autumn brings an influx of fallen leaves and debris into our gardens and pools.
So, it’s only natural this is the season to clean and vacuum your pool more frequently.
As such, to minimise debris, leaves and their potential clogs, cover up your pool with a pool cover. Also, filtration can be reduced to 2 to 3 hours a day and chlorine output can be reduced in salt pools.
Winter pool maintenance
This is the season to cover your pool completely, if you hadn’t done so in autumn already.
After all, you probably won’t be enjoying your pool at all in these cold and dreary months.
What else can you do in winter?
- Check your skimmer basket every two weeks on the regular, emptying when full,
- Check pH levels and chlorine every two weeks as well,
- Check the filter pressure gauge, paying close attention to see that there’s no backwash present, and
- It’s recommended you run your pool lighting system for 30 minutes on a weekly basis.
While not in use, your pool should not be out of mind. The more regular pool maintenance you do throughout all four seasons, will help you mitigate any extra maintenance and repair costs that could occur from neglect.
Safeguard your pool with a frameless glass pool fence
Ensuring the inner workings of your pool is clean and safe is one thing, ensuring your pool area is clean and safe is another.
The best thing you can do for cleanliness and safety around the pool area is installing a frameless glass pool fence.
This Perth pool fencing favourite is ever so stylish, ever so strong and ever so safe.
Need glass pool fencing in Perth?
Contact Clear Choice Pool Fencing today for the cleanest, safest and most stylish choice in Perth pool fencing.